DEMENTIA AND ALZHEIMER'S CARE
At FirstCol, we have been providing dementia care for our clients for many years. Through the experience of our Management Team and over this time we’ve developed a real understanding of the needs of people affected by the condition.
We understand the challenges often inherent in supporting someone with dementia. This can be challenging for both the family and professionals. We are committed to providing holistic, high quality, person-centred care and support to both clients and their families.
Our practical understanding of Dementia as an illness helps us to provide appropriate psychological and emotional support.
We have developed creative and innovative ways for both our clients and client’s families to live well with dementia. Our robust induction training and specialist Advanced Dementia Programme means our team are not only highly skilled, they are continually mentored and supported to provide the highest possible care.
Why FirstCol Dementia and Alzheimer’s Care?
- We have a specialist dementia team who receive comprehensive training
- We ensure all assessments are conducted by qualified individuals
- We have at hand our First-In emergency Homecare team to help prevent admission into hospital/care home or in times of crisis.
- We develop personal plans that offer meaningful activities
- We focus on Cogitative Stimulation activities
- We build smart approaches to Dietary support
- We create a familiar community for our client via Consistency of Carer
- We ensure that consistency is at the core of our care plans. This allows our carers to build a strong bond with the client